So how does Virtual Landline work with WhatsApp?
Virtual Landline has supported thousands of single user/SMEs providing a landline phone number that can be diverted through to a destination of your choice most commonly being a mobile phone. Landline numbers create trust, build your brand and give you a geolocation which is important for many people looking for a local business.
Virtual Landline can provide you with a low-cost landline number without locking you in to a lengthy and pricey contract. We have a selection of Local, National and Freephone numbers starting from £3.95/month which will work with the WhatsApp Business app.
So, if you have decided that WhatsApp Business fits your requirements, but you want the appearance of a landline number Virtual Landline can help.
What do I need to do?
Firstly, you will need to purchase a Virtual Landline. You can start this process by contact us to discuss setting up WhatsApp Business and we'll be able to select the most appropriate number for you.
Secondly you will need to download WhatsApp Business app which can be found here https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ to either your mobile or PC and follow this set up process:
- Download and launch the WhatsApp Business app.
- Review the Terms of Service: Read the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service, then tap Agree and Continue to accept the terms.
- Register: Select your country from the drop-down list to add your country code, then enter your phone number in international phone number format. Tap Done or Next, then tap Ok to receive your 6-digit registration code via phone call. To complete registration, enter your 6-digit code.
- Allow access to contacts and photos: Contacts can be added to the WhatsApp Business app from your phone’s address book. You can also allow access to your phone’s photos, videos, and files.
- Create an account: Fill out your business name, select a business category, and choose a profile picture.
- Build your business profile: Tap EXPLORE > Business profile. Here, you can add important business information like your business address, description, hours, and more.
- Start a chat. Your business profile is now set up.