Android 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0, 4.2 and later
The app is compatible also with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android tablets with iOS 5.1.1 or later
How to install and set up the mobile app
- To start using the app you need to download it from Google Play or iTunes. Simply search ‘Virtual Line’ or use the download links above.
- After the download is finished, you will need to scan your QR code to log in.
- You can find your QR code for the app by logging into your account (it can also be found on your Welcome email).
- Go to Apps and devices in your account and the QR code will be found here.
- Open the app on your mobile and scan your QR code by clicking on the QR code button on the app and it should then be ready to use.
The mobile and desktop apps are entirely free for Virtual Landline users. You won’t be able to use them if you download it without signing up for the service because you need the credentials from us to make it work alongside your Virtual Landline service. Once you have signed up you will receive an email with the information needed to activate the apps.
How to use the Virtual Landline App
The app requires an internet connection and so works on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G, if you don’t have a reliable data connection, the App won’t work properly, and the call quality might suffer.
Any calls answered on the app are free to receive. Have a look at our blog for advice
If you are making calls overseas, unless the calls are included in your free minutes, you will be charged. See Virtual Landline country tariffs by using the Rate Finder
All incoming calls forwarded to your mobile number or another landline are chargeable. The cost of such calls will be deducted from your inclusive minutes allowance or top-up amount.
In case you are having problems with the app, please have a look at our FAQs page
If the app does not work on your particular device, please let us know within 7 days, and we can cancel your account with a full refund.
Please note we only supply one app with each Virtual Landline number. The app is an add-on to your Virtual Landline and it’s not essential for the service to work unless you want to make outbound calls.
The App can be replaced at additional cost by any of our Buzz phones or Buzz Box